Please note this position has now been filled
At GEOLYTIX we seek new and innovative ways to make spatial analytics accessible, exciting and indispensable. Our customers span the retail, financial, property, leisure and food & beverage industries, in and outside the UK.
Geolytix supports our customers in network planning, site location, estate rationalisation and omni-channel investments. We build innovative spatial data and are passionate about the open data community. We combine various forecasting methods and statistical models, GIS and web tools to create bespoke solutions. We are always looking to do things better.
We are looking for a person who would like to start a career in data science and location analytics. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a first class team and build your skills.
You like maps and numbers. You’re very computer literate and proactively seek out new skills and software. You like carrying out detailed tasks and your attention to detail ensures you get the best result possible.
You’re a team player but can work independently. You’re interested in engaging with the team and our customers. You enjoy the world of retail, and ideally have a good grasp of UK geography.
We’re looking for someone who will be able to:
- Update our GeoData packs, using automated and manual processes
- Support on client projects with data processing & research and location analysis
- Create demographic reports and maps
- Analyse and interpret quantitative and qualitative data to produce practical and commercially relevant outputs
- Know your way around a GIS
- Create succinct and convincing reports
- Support and uphold the standards within our database infrastructure
Your qualifications and experience
- Numerical A-levels or proven ability in computing
- A university degree (not a requirement)
The role will be at our Leeds office. Competitive salary. We’re a young and growing company who embrace flexible working; full time or part time, family friendly hours and/or working from home days considered.
If you are interested in this role and are looking for your next challenge, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No agencies please.